WeAre Summit keynote speaker
Mahesh Murthy has helped launch Amazon.com, a few dozen startups, a few hundred brands and now, a few satellites.
As a marketer, Mahesh has:
- Worked on Amazon, Yahoo, Pepsi, Nike, Microsoft, Unilever across US, China, Europe and India.
- Helped launch MTV in India and then ran its rival Channel V.
- Founded global marketing and ad boutique Pinstorm.
- Written ads and directed commercials that have won loads of advertising and marketing awards.
As an entrepreneur, he has:
- Failed in his first three ventures. Did okay the fourth one onwards.
- A couple of firms that use space technology in innovative ways.
- Including one which became the first Indian private company in space.
As an investor, Mahesh has:
- Run 3 VC funds and is now on his 4th.
- Investors like Google, Motorola and European pension funds back his funds.
- Investees like India's largest bus ticketing company Red Bus, India's largest car portal CarWale, India's first microbrewing chain Doolally and 50+ other companies.
- Won India's "Best VC of the Year". Twice, if that matters.
Mahesh also is:
- Napologetically opinionated and writes regularly in WSJ and other business pubs.
- An inveterate traveller: 90+ countries, 7 continents, 1 planet so far.
- On Twitter at @MaheshMurthy.